July 2010. When this issue hits the newsstands the Italian edition of Idea Tattoo reaches 150, an achievement we wanted to mark with a special, creative celebration.
This celebration includes a wealth of ideas and inspiration for anybody who wants to get a tattoo of something similar: a date, for example, an anniversary or their lucky number.
To mark the occasion we have enrolled the services of 15 of most talented designers from Idea Tattoo staff, who were all asked to make up a tattoo design containing a number, 150 to be precise, without giving them any other instructions or placing any limitations on the subject or style they chose.
The result is the number 150 interpreted in a wide variety of imaginative ways.
CURIOUS FACTS ABOUT THE NUMBER 150
– In the Intelligence Quotient (IQ) tests just genius can reach the score 150 IQ.
– Earth orbits the Sun at an average distance of about 150 million kilometers and our galaxy, the Milky Way, is estimated to contain about 150 billions of stars.
– Were produced just 150 Jaguar XJS v12, a very rare and prestigious collector car, as well as there are just 150 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport, special edition of the faster car in the world.
– The Cessna 150, also known as Model 150, is a two-seat airplane designed for flight training, touring and personal use.
– Rosa Mystica (Mystic Rose) is the name of a white rose, softening to pink-red, created in honour of Virgin Mary in the 150th year from the proclamation of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception. The white of the flower symbolizes the spirit of prayer, the pink-red symbolizes the spirit of expiation.
– The last Psalm in the Bible, Psalm 150, is the one most often set to music.
– In the Bible again, one hundred and fifty was the number of the sons of Ulam, who were combat archers and valiant men. They were descendants of Benjamin, hero of one of the Twelve Tribes of Israel.
– Dunbar’s number, proposed by British anthropologis Robin Dumbar, is a theoretical limit to the number of people with whom one can maintain stable social relationships: just 150 people.
– 150, natural number following 149 and preceding 151, is the sum of eight consecutive primes: 7 + 11 + 13 + 17 + 19 + 23 + 31.
– The number 150 is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 15, 25, 30, 50, 75 and with the same numbers you can have 150 again: if you multiply 150 x 1, 75 x 2, 50 x 3, 30 x 5, 25 x 6 or 15 x 10 the total is always 150.